cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC DB Read SQL error

mserwon
Level 1
Level 1

I am using a DB Read statement to call a stored procedure in an oracle database from a simple test script, but getting a sql error everytime. Is there any way to find out what the sql error is?

The select statement looks like

SELECT ROP_USER.SHE_VALIDATE_WORK_ORDER( $StoreID , $WorkOrderID ) WORKORDERID , CURRENTSTATUS , CALLEXISTSFLAG FROM DUAL;

I have a dummy table defined that has WORKORDERID , CURRENTSTATUS , CALLEXISTSFLAG defined as VARCHAR2(50).

Thx

5 Replies 5

BCOLE2007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

To see the Oracle error, turn up the tracing to level 7 (expand the normal view to expanded) on the SS_DB step.

Execute the script and check the log file

and search for the Oracle error codes ORA-

curious how the PL/SQL Proc turns out, please let me know

Blair

*please rate all posts

I looked in the MIVR log files after turning on the debug you suggested and found the SQL 904 error. Now I have to figure out what that means.

Thanks again.

If its an ORA-904 error

(invalid column name)...

try this

SELECT ROP_USER.SHE_VALIDATE_WORK_ORDER( $StoreID , $WorkOrderID ) AS WORKORDERID , CURRENTSTATUS , CALLEXISTSFLAG FROM DUAL;

Try naming the Pl/sql column with an AS

PL/SQL procedures and CRS scripting Database steps have issues in my experience. I think technically Procedures don't return a value on a select, hence maybe this is where the 904 error comes in

I have been able to retrieve a PL/SQL Function, as opposed to a Procedure from a

select statement from dual on a DB Read CRS step. There are limitations in Oracle with PL/SQL functions versus PL/SQL procedures, but Functions do return a value and can be called be selected from.

If you must use a Procedure are comfortable with Java create a custom class to retrieve the Oracle PL/SQL Procedure may be the way to go.

let me know how it goes

Blair

*Please rate all useful posts

Thanks Blair,

I changed the syntax to use an as, but now I get a 920 error.

Any idea on that error.

I am not comfortable with a custom class, but can a sql function return multiple return values?

Thanks

Not sure of the 920 error, I can speculate this is related to the Procedure Call in a select statement

A PL/SQL function can only return 1 Value, however you could write a seperate function for each value needed and treat them each as a column, not the most Database efficient but workable.

Keep me posted, I want to hear how it turns out

Blair

*Please rate all useful posts