ASA Between Two Buildings W/ Diff Subnets. How Do I extend the Network?

Answered Question
Sep 12th, 2008
User Badges:

I have two buildings with two different networks. Users at building one want to be on the network at building two. Standard routing obviously won't work so should I put two ASA at both buildings and [IPSEC] VPN between buildings extending the network? Will this work? If so, where are the commands in the ASA Config Guide?

Thanks...if you can get this to me very quick.

Matt

Correct Answer by JORGE RODRIGUEZ about 8 years 10 months ago

Matt, a litle more info would help, are each building totally separate in terms of physical connectivity any fiber in between them, are both buildings the same company? does each have its own Internet ISP?

If there is no connectivity between them other than the internet and if each building have its own ISP it is assume then that there is already a firewall , if this is the case you can implement L2L vpn and connect the two networks via Ipsec over internet.

Here is a typical scenario

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a0080950890.shtml

Rgds

Jorge

PLS rate any helpful post

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
JORGE RODRIGUEZ Fri, 09/12/2008 - 08:48
User Badges:
  • Green, 3000 points or more

Matt, a litle more info would help, are each building totally separate in terms of physical connectivity any fiber in between them, are both buildings the same company? does each have its own Internet ISP?

If there is no connectivity between them other than the internet and if each building have its own ISP it is assume then that there is already a firewall , if this is the case you can implement L2L vpn and connect the two networks via Ipsec over internet.

Here is a typical scenario

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a0080950890.shtml

Rgds

Jorge

PLS rate any helpful post

Actions

This Discussion