cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA Between Two Buildings W/ Diff Subnets. How Do I extend the Network?

mlenco
Level 1
Level 1

I have two buildings with two different networks. Users at building one want to be on the network at building two. Standard routing obviously won't work so should I put two ASA at both buildings and [IPSEC] VPN between buildings extending the network? Will this work? If so, where are the commands in the ASA Config Guide?

Thanks...if you can get this to me very quick.

Matt

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Matt, a litle more info would help, are each building totally separate in terms of physical connectivity any fiber in between them, are both buildings the same company? does each have its own Internet ISP?

If there is no connectivity between them other than the internet and if each building have its own ISP it is assume then that there is already a firewall , if this is the case you can implement L2L vpn and connect the two networks via Ipsec over internet.

Here is a typical scenario

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a0080950890.shtml

Rgds

Jorge

PLS rate any helpful post

Jorge Rodriguez

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Matt, a litle more info would help, are each building totally separate in terms of physical connectivity any fiber in between them, are both buildings the same company? does each have its own Internet ISP?

If there is no connectivity between them other than the internet and if each building have its own ISP it is assume then that there is already a firewall , if this is the case you can implement L2L vpn and connect the two networks via Ipsec over internet.

Here is a typical scenario

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a0080950890.shtml

Rgds

Jorge

PLS rate any helpful post

Jorge Rodriguez
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card