Views
Helpful
Replies

New to scripting - need some help

kwaldecker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am new to scripting and am trying to setup a script like below. I am having trouble with it, especially playing music on hold. Anybody have a script that might match this?

Call hits queue.

No agents available, play on hold music for 20 secs, option to go to VM

reprompt after 20 seconds give option to go to voicemail then music for 30 seconds

then just loop this.

any help would be appreciated :)

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Use the sampel icd.aef script and under queue change the logic to the following:

-hold 20 sec

-unhold

-loop label

-menu step with choice to enter 1 for VM

- 1 - call redirect to VM extension

- no input - hold 30 seconds

- unhold

- goto loop

HTH,

Chris

matt.rossmeisl
Level 1
Level 1

Queue to Skill group step

-connected

-queued

- Hold step

- Delay 20

- Unhold step

- Menu step

-press 1

- Call redirect to your VM extension

- Label: Hold loop

- Hold step

- Delay 30

- Unhold step

- Menu step

-press 1

- Call redirect to your VM extension

- Goto: Hold loop

thanks for the help :)

gonna try it out

Hi all,

thanks for the help.

I have the queue working putting the person on hold.

Now i need to add the option for while they are on hold they can press 1 to go to VM.

I can't seem to get the menu to work. A coworker of mine says in order for it to work i need to do a "Get Digits" command.

Am i in the right direction.

I want the user to be able to press 1 to go to voicemail while they hear the greeting and while they are on hold as well.

thanks for any help!

Ken

You can either use get digits or menu step, if you are to collect single digit then menu is a better choice as it saves you creating If statements.

Also, keep in mind that with Hold/Unhold steps your caller will not be able to press the digit while the music is played, and will only be able to make the selection while the prompt is being player. If you prefer to script it so that it callers can enter the option at any time use "play prompt" step to stream MOH from the IPCC server rather than CallManager MOH.

HTH,

Chris

My general rule of thumb is to keep my steps in the queue such that they can be interrupted at any time by the caller. Thus I put the caller on-hold and then have a menu step take the place of any delay step. The menu step is configured without a prompt and has a zero for the repeat option. The caller can press 1 to leave a voicemail and if they press 1 the menu will activate.

Call flow is:

Prompt Step -> "Please wait for next agent or press 1 to leave a VM"

On-Hold step

Menu Step -> Option 1 to route to VM pilot, no repeat and delay of 30 seconds or longer depending on the customer requirements.

Off-Hold step

Go to beginning of queue.

Please help us make the communities better. Rate helpful posts!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: