cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Gatekeeper and 'routed call signaling" with Polycom

dmooreami
Level 3
Level 3

I am running Cisco IOS Software, 2800 Software (C2800NM-IPVOICE_IVS-M), Version 12.4(2)T6 on my 2811.

I have a polycom V2IU External Gateway that supports "routed call signaling" but the cisco seems to support "direct endpoint signaling".

The result is that I can not make an external outbound call using the 2811 gatekeeper.

Is there some way to get the Cisco 2811 to support routed call signaling?

Somebody mentioned to me that enabling the H.323 proxy (aka IP-IP gateway) might be a possible fix.

Since this is a production unit, I don't' have the luxury to "gut" the Gatekeeper config for a couple of days trying 20 different scenarios.

My grasp of gatekeepers and implementing them is very basic. Switching/Routing/Firewalls, no problem.

So type in big letters and slowly if you have an answer. Lots of pictures please! :)

2 Replies 2

dsladden
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no single CLI switch that "changes" the Cisco GK from a "direct endpoint signaling" mode to "routed call signaling mode".

What needs to occur is your use the H323 Back to Back User agent component to enable your GK to act as the endpoint for any Polycom calls.

However, this does require you create dialpeers and know the IP addresses of the destination entities.

This is pretty much "gutting" the GK and trying 20 different scenarios.

You may want to use another ISR to experiment with on before you deploy, but this is a solution many other customers have used. (ie Cisco/Polycom interoperating.)

Some CLI to start with would be:

"allow connections / h323 to h323"

"dialpeers"

Regards,

Darryl Sladden

Cisco GK and

Cisco Unified Border Element Product Manager

Thanks for the info.

I should mention that I have a Polycom Rmx-2000 HD bridge that is used to connect greater than 3 sites for conferencing. I am sure that tosses a big monkey wrench into the solution eh?

All my Hdx-7000 units use the gk to contact the Polycom bridge if a 3 or 4 site call is dialed.

I can use the V2IU gateway to take a inbound Internet call and point it to a conference room on my Rmx bridge to get outside-to-inside. But it is a somewhat manual process.