cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2514 bandwidth limitations

jtishey01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I had setup a lab in which I had a 2514 router connected to my cable modem for internet access. When i did this, the most I could download through it was about 2Mbps, on the 10Mbps cable line (and 10Mbps AUI port). I was just wondering if this is all due to hardware limitations- being 10BaseT half duplex AUI interface? - or could it be a combination of issues. I dont have the config for the router anymore, just wondering what the most likley cause of only getting about 20% of throughput. I had tried playing with QoS policy maps and max-reserved bandwidth settings, but to no avail.

***Cliffs notes: Should i expect maximum throughput of a 2514 10BaseT ethernet port to be about 2Mbps?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The attached documents shows the 2500 series good for only about 2 Mbps with 64 byte packets. I still use a 2501 for TTCP tests which I've seen top out at about 5 Mbps (using the 10 Mbps AUI port).

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The attached documents shows the 2500 series good for only about 2 Mbps with 64 byte packets. I still use a 2501 for TTCP tests which I've seen top out at about 5 Mbps (using the 10 Mbps AUI port).

Perfect, thanks for the quick reply!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card