cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Pones LMS

alejandro.cano
Level 1
Level 1

I am having problems having Cisco Works find my IP phones any ideas?

19 Replies 19

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Campus Manager only supports Cisco IP phones registered to a Cisco Call Manager. Campus does not currently support CCM version 5.x or 6.x software. Make sure your CCMs are showing up properly on the Topology Map with green application server icons. Make sure the phones first show up in User Tracking as regular end hosts. Only then will UT query the ccmPhoneTable on the CCMs to get the IP phone details.

any ideas when ccm 6.1 will be supported by campus ?

This October with the IDU 21.0 release.

Will be support in LMS 3.0 or need LMS 3.1 ?

There will be support for LMS 2.6, 3.0, and 3.1.

Any idea why I dont even see my phones as end host

In order for a phone to show up as an end host, it must be connected to a Cisco switch which has been properly Data Collected by Campus Manager, and shows up on the Topology Map with a green switch icon. Depending on the switch type, the port to which the phone connects must also be an access port and not a trunk port. However, this can be worked around in Campus 5.0 by enabling trunk port acquisition. Next, the phone must appear in that switch's CAM/MAC table. If SNMPv1 or v2c is being used on the switch, the switch's community string must not contain a '@'. If SNMPv3 is being used, then the switch must be configured for SNMPv3 contexts, and the VLAN which contains the phone must be an allowed context.

Has the patch been released for LMS2.6 for the support of IP Phones to be tracked in Campus Manager User Tracking Acquistion from CCMv5.0 and CCMv6.0?

Yes, Campus 4.0.12 is now available.

Well, I have upgraded Campus Manager instances to 4.0.12, ran Data Collection and User Tracking Acquisition after the upgrade, but still IP Phones are not getting tracked.

You should start a new thread on this.

We have CCM version 6.X and LMS 3.0, we have approximately 1500 IP Phones. We have the known problem of incompatibility too. Is this IDU 21.0 the fix for the incompatibility. Is it available yet. Will it be included in LMS version 3.1 Thanks.

any ideas when ccm 7.0 will be supported by campus ?

I using LMS 3.1, Campus 5.1, CCM 7.0.

Problem: My IP Phones are discovered as end hosts. There isn't any discovery of IP Phone when I use quick report.

The CM 5.1.1 patch is planned for early November.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: