cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Easy VPN client problem

itdsmartnet
Level 1
Level 1

hi, i have downloaded and installed easy vpn client "vpnclient-win-msi-5.0.03.0530-k9". The problem is that after some time may be one to two days, my LAN card stops working, when i remove the VPN client, then my LAN card starts working again. need help regarding this issue

8 Replies 8

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

Try using the 4.8 version of client.

HTH>

i have already used client "Release_4.0.1" there is the same problem.

Then that would indicate not a client issue - but a hardware or OS issue. I would suggest you look in the area of a TCP stack issue.

HTH>

i have dell latituded d610 and i have installed on my desktop system too. The same problem occurs in desktop system too. When i issue the command "sh ipconfig/all" it shows nothing, but when i check the TCP/IP properties of network card there is an ip assigned to it. please help me in this matter.

Thanks

post the debug from the Cisco VPN client - you need to set the lop setting levels as:-

IKE 3-high

User Auth 3-high

IPSEC 3-high

Firewall 3_high

how can i do these settings.

Open the VPN client - then from the menu choose "Log" then "log Settings" and change them - see attached for a screen shot. Once you have changed the settings, Open the "Log Window" then start a VPN session - you will see the output of the debug.

HTH>

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card