cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Find Attendant Console username

b_ferguson
Level 1
Level 1

CM 4.2, customer is in the process of changing out phones, the attendant console software works fine but after a user's phone is replaced it no longer works. The error message that the user gets is, Initialization of Call Control Failed. Retrying..

There is no "ac" username in the directory. How do I find out the username that Attendant Console is using?

5 Replies 5

tim.giles
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I'm not sure which username you mean but the user account details can be found here within CallManager Administration:

Service > Cisco CM Attendant Console > Cisco CM Attendant Console User

You can have multiple account for each receptionist/PA.

All of these work from an "ac user" account which is configured as a new user (User > Add a New User). This need to be associated with all the pilot points and phones which may explain why your new devices aren't working.

I suspect you need to create an "ac" account and associate it with all the attendant console phones and pilot points.

I've attached a detailed document with step-by-step instructions which should help you.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/4_2_1/ccmfeat/fsccmac.html#wp1145819

Please rate useful posts....

Also, more info here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps7282/products_qanda_item09186a00800b0a20.shtml#q25

Q. Why do users receive the "Initialization of Call Control Failed. Retrying..." error message when they logon to Cisco CallManager Attendant Console?

A. The probable causes are:

No 'ac' user exists.

There is an ac user password mismatch.

The Call Park Retrieval Allowed check box is not checked in the Cisco CallManager Administration.

Enable CTI Application is not checked in the Cisco CallManager Administration.

The pilot point and/or the controlled phones are not in the controlled device list of the ac user.

A. If no ac user exits, you must configure one user named ac in Cisco CallManager Administration and associate the attendant phones and the pilot points with the user. If you do not configure this user, the Attendant Console cannot interact with CTIManager, and the attendant cannot receive calls.

Select User > Add a New User from Cisco CallManager Administration. The User Information window displays.

Enter ac or another name that you can remember in the First Name and Last Name fields.

Enter ac in the User ID field.

Enter 12345 in the User Password field.

Enter 12345 in the Confirm Password field.

Enter a PIN and telephone number.

Check Enable CTI Application Use. You must check this box for the Attendant Console to interact with CTIManager.

Check Call Park Retrieval Allowed.

Click Insert.

Make sure that you associate the devices with the ac user.

A. Check for these parameters if the ac user already exists.

Note: Make sure that the ac user is same as the one configured on the Global Directory.

Select User > Global Directory from Cisco CallManager Administration. The User Information window displays.

Enter ac and click Search in the User Search field.

Click the ac user name from the resulting list of matching names.

Enter 12345 in the User Password field.

Enter 12345 in the Confirm Password field.

Enter a PIN and telephone number.

Check Enable CTI Application Use. You must check this box for the attendant console to interact with CTIManager.

Check Call Park Retrieval Allowed.

Click Update.

Make sure that you associate the devices with the ac user

Please rate useful posts...

The ac user does not exist. I am also unable to create that user, I get an error message. When I try to create that user, the page refreshes and displays that an error occurred, no other errors. I am able to create other users just fine. This actually worked fine but when the user changed out phones, attendant console users received the error, "Initialization of Call Control Failed. Retrying...". I have read your posts before I posted this issue but nothing seems to work. This was setup before I got involved, that is why I was asking if there was a way to view the attendant console that was created. Seems like someone must have setup another user and did not name it "ac" but I can't seem to located which user it is. I expect that the new phones are not associated to the "ac" user or whichever account is acting like the "ac" user account. I hope this makes more sense. Thanks for any help.

look at the acconfig.bat to see which user is being used

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

go into global directory advanced search and type ac for userid

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: