Helpful
Replies

Voice Gateway pri-group issue

norm.trees
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Hope you can help,

have set up an MGCP voice gateway with Callmanager, we have only 12 channels of IDSN PRI in use from the Telco,

Have set up the following on the VG.

pri-group timeslots 1-12,16 service mgcp

all is working great, however, I note that it is defaulting to

pri-group timeslots 1-31 service mgcp.

This is jot a problem when making calls through Callmanager as I have specified `Channel Order Selection` as `Top Down` thereby Channel 1 onwards is used.

This is causing a problem when testing SRST, when debugging I can see the VG tries to use Channel 31 first when an outbound call is made. As I have only channels 1 - 12 available this call fails.

Any ideas?

Thanks

N.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The serial interface actually controls the D-channel (signaling channel). You do all configuration that affects processing of the signaling on the D-channel. It is on the D-channel that you can set the B-channel selection order if necessary. You do this by entering interface configuration mode on the D-channel serial interface and using the isdn bchan-number-order {ascending | descending} command

like under interface serial0/0:15

good luck

if helpful Rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

rchilcote
Level 1
Level 1

CCM does not have a concept of fractional T1/PRI. If you configure the "ccm-manager config" command on the router it will pull the config from CCM which overwrites the router config. Try manually configuring all MGCP commands in the VG and DO NOT use the ccm-manager config command. This will mean that when you make a change to the gateway in CCM you must manually restart mgcp on the VG in order for the change to take effect.

HTH

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The serial interface actually controls the D-channel (signaling channel). You do all configuration that affects processing of the signaling on the D-channel. It is on the D-channel that you can set the B-channel selection order if necessary. You do this by entering interface configuration mode on the D-channel serial interface and using the isdn bchan-number-order {ascending | descending} command

like under interface serial0/0:15

good luck

if helpful Rate

Cheers that did the trick!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: