Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM : License Issue

dbenattou
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

recently, whe had met electrical issue at the publisher server, after that i have moved the hard disk from the publisher to the subscriber and the subscriber disks to the publisher.

Now, i'm trying to reinstall the subsciber server, but the following message is appeared : The installation has encountered a unrecoverable internal error. For further assistance report the following information to your support provider.

Script "/usr/local/cm/script/5.0.2.1000-3/cm-dbl-install install PostInstall 5.0.2.1000-3 5.0.2.1000-3 /usr/local/cm/ /usr/local/cm/ /common/log/install/install.log" exited with errors (1)

The system will now halt.

the second problem is that the license units number had decreased and i see some negative units like units used :711 units remaining : -711

Thanks at advance.

7 Replies 7

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Driss,

The License will need to be re-homed (by Cisco Licensing) to reflect the "new" Publisher Mac;

I would send an email to;

licensing@cisco.com

with all the pertinant information from the Licensing that came with the wrong Mac. Let them know that the same license needs to be re-issued with the proper mac. They should send you the new license file via email quite quickly.

The Node License Manager is the Publisher so it is the MAC Address that you provide for any licensing additions/requirements;

Licenses are generated for requested Cisco CallManager nodes (servers in a Cisco CallManager cluster - with seats) and the phones that are associated with those nodes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***Note - Upload the license file only on the first node of Cisco CallManager cluster.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a0080530f9b.html

And include the following for the - negative DLU license issue;

Company Name

Company Address

Company Phone

Contact Name

MAC Address of Pub/First Node

Please find attached the output from our DLU License Calculator:

CTI Port 0 40 0

Cisco 12 S 2 1 2

Cisco 7902 1 1 1

Cisco 7905 2 9 18

Cisco 7920 4 1 4

Cisco 7935 3 1 3

Cisco 7940 4 10 40

Cisco 7960 4 1 4

Cisco 7970 5 1 5

Cisco ATA 186 1 4 4

Cisco IP Communicator 3 1 3

Can you please forward the license file as soon as possible."

Hope this helps!

Rob

hi

thanks for reply.

i have moved the hard disks to there initial state, and the license issue has been resolved.

the problem that is still here is regarding the follwing message that appears :

The installation has encountered a unrecoverable internal error. For further assistance report the following information to your support provider.

Script "/usr/local/cm/script/5.0.2.1000-3/cm-dbl-install install PostInstall 5.0.2.1000-3 5.0.2.1000-3 /usr/local/cm/ /usr/local/cm/ /common/log/install/install.log" exited with errors (1)

The system will now halt.

In attachement, you will find the dump file

I'm always waiting for our reply about this issue.

Regards

Hi Driss,

I am sorry my friend as I am not familiar with this error :( If this is a production build I would reccommend opening a Tac Case.

Rob

ok thanks a lot for your recommandation.

Regards

christianojum
Level 1
Level 1

As for the licence, check to see if you have added more devices than your licences. Also check the number of 'extension mobility end user' you enabled. Note that any user you enabled for extension mobility takes two device license each.

Now, the license is not the problem.the issue is regarding the message that appears when i try to reinsatll the Subscriber

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: