UC500 support for PDQs (Credit Swipe Machines/Modems)

Unanswered Question
Sep 15th, 2008

Hello,

Could anyone please tell me if a Cisco UC500 supports standard modem, such as a 56K modem or a PDQ machine (credit card swipe machine, which dials in to Barclays Banking system within the UK)?

Also, we're using E1 and were able to get fax machines working on the UC500 box.

I have tried to get a modem working, but cannot maintain a connection. Do I need to do a special config on the UC box? Modem Passthrough/Relay ... Although reading the Relay docs, I found out that both ends of termination must be Cisco devices, I don't have a clue what Barclays run at their end and how their end is setup.

The PDQ machines run at either 300 or 2400 data speeds, so I heard.

If there is a definitive answer of 'NO', then that is fine, but we cannot find any reference to PDQ modems in the UC500 documentation, either online or in the documentation supplied with the unit.

Thanks for any help,

Yemi Salau

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
craig.corbett Fri, 09/19/2008 - 07:37

I am interested in this as I may need to do it with CME on ISR. One thing I have noticed is that the default config on a UC500 is with the FXS ports configured with STCAPP to mimic a cisco phone, if this is the case with you maybe this is the issue?

Actions

This Discussion