cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mailbox store offline

maloyal
Level 1
Level 1

I have a single Unity 5 server with a single Exchange 2003 partner server.

About 2 times in the last month I see an event where a Mailbox store registers in Unity server's event log as being off-line but then back on-line in about 15 seconds.

Nothing is being done on the Exchange server to trigger this. Here are the events:

Event Type: Warning

Event Source: CiscoUnity_AvWm

Event Category: Warning

Event ID: 29018

Date: 9/15/2008

Time: 8:41:36 AM

User: N/A

Computer: UNITY1

Description:

The following Information Store has gone offline:

CN=Corp Services I-Z,CN=1st Storage Group - Admin,CN=InformationStore,CN=STLEXC1,CN=Servers,CN=Fairview,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=MavTech,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=corp,DC=domain,DC=cc

Parent process: CuMDBStoreMonitor.exe

Event Source: CiscoUnity_ExchangeMonitor

Event Category: Run

Event ID: 1004

Time: 8:41:39 AM

Description:

The following Information Store is currently off-line:

CN=Corp Services I-Z,CN=1st Storage Group - Admin,CN=InformationStore,CN=STLEXC1,CN=Servers,CN=Fairview,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=MavTech,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=corp,DC=domain,DC=cc

Event Type: Information

Event Source: CiscoUnity_AvWm

Event Category: Info

Event ID: 29017

Time: 8:41:51 AM

Description:

The following Information Store has come back online:

Parent process: CuMDBStoreMonitor.exe

Event ID: 1005

Time: 8:41:54 AM

Description:

The following Information Store is back on line:

CN=Corp Services I-Z,CN=1st Storage Group - Admin,CN=InformationStore,CN=STLEXC1,CN=Servers,CN=Fairview,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=MavTech,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=corp,DC=doamin,DC=cc

Event ID: 1031

Time: 8:42:36 AM

Description:

Completed resyncing mailboxes on the following Information Store:

CN=Corp Services I-Z,CN=1st Storage Group - Admin,CN=InformationStore,CN=STLEXC1,CN=Servers,CN=Fairview,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=MavTech,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=corp,DC=domain,DC=cc.

I had an Exchange crash back in March and am in the process of migrating mailboxes off this store since it did not mount then without repairing it first.

Any ideas?

Thanks

6 Replies 6

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

Is Exchange 2007 on a Windows 2008 server?

Randy

No Exchange 2007...single Exchange 2003 on Win2003.

Hmmm

CiscoUnity_AvWm is the main warning that Exchange is offline. It could be many reasons.

1. Information store service stopped or other exchange services.

2. Mailsore not mounted

We could have you set traces that would tell you more. I would set most of the DALex, ExchangeMonitor, and others that you see in the micro traces that might be relevant.

Maybe opening a TAC case is prudent.

Hope this helps

Randy

Well the services weren't stopped and the mailstore was mounted. Exchange event logs show no issues, nor did anyone report an email issue.

If I set Micro traces, can I let them run for days, because it could be a couple weeks before this error registered again.

Was hoping for something a bit more obscure that would cause this.

Rob, Ginger, Tommer any ideas?

The reason I said maybe open a TAC case is they have a database with errors that we don't. I tried to find the error but didn't find it.

Randy

Hi,

I know this is probably one of the first things you checked but have you looked at the disk space on the server.

I've known instances before where people are storing the Exchange trasaction logs on a partition that doesn't have enough disk space, causing the mail stores to go offline temporarily?

As per Randy's comments, there's nothing in the bug toolkit for anything like this but I suspect its an Exchange issue rather than Unity.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: