IAS logs?

Unanswered Question
Sep 15th, 2008
User Badges:

Hi all,

I am seeing the logs filling up in our IAS server with repeated authentications for our users. It seems that people are re-authenticating about every 5 minutes. I have the WLAN setting set at 86400 seconds and unlimited in the IAS settings. I am also seeing some getting disconnected and then they can reconnect after a minute or so.

Anything I can set so they are not trying to re-authenticate so often?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Scott Fella Mon, 09/15/2008 - 17:32
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Wireless

Are the drivers on the clients pretty recent? Also do you see re-authentication during roaming or when they are not roaming? What encryption and authentication methods are you using and what clients are having this issue?

Scott Fella Mon, 09/15/2008 - 19:42
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Wireless

Can you post some of the logs on the IAS and also, do you see any errors on the WLC?

svanguilder Tue, 09/16/2008 - 06:50
User Badges:

We are seeing this mostly on HP laptops, pretty much all we have on Wireless right now.

We are using PEAP, WPA and TKIP and not broadcasting the SSID.

Here is a snippet from the WLC log. Even tho it says it can't find it it still authenticates fine.

Sep 16 09:35:07.650 radius_db.c:1823 AAA-5-RADSERVER_NOT_FOUND: Couldn't find appropriate Radius server for VAP 4. Reason : unable to find a default server.

Attachment: 

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics: Other Wireless Mobility

client could not be authenticated
Network Analysis Module (NAM) Products
Cisco 6500 nam
reason 440 driver failure
Cisco password cracker
Cisco Wireless mode