cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LWAPP to Autonomous 1242AG AP

kiterdave
Level 1
Level 1

I purchased a light weight 1242AG AP (AIR-LAP242AG-A-K9) when I should have purchased the autonomous IOS version (AIR-AP1242AG-A-K9). I know I can load a previous version IOS with a TFTP server. How do I acquire an IOS release 12.3(7)JA or earlier?

4 Replies 4

jaichauh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

Hardware is same. You can convert LAP by upgrading an autonomous image on it.

After convesrion, your LAP would work normally like an autonomous. But, if you ask for a replacement in future (due to any h/w issue on AP), you will get the LAP as a replacement from Cisco, as upgrade would not change the model number.

Please see the folloiwng link to change your LWAP to autonomous mode:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/conversion/lwapp/upgrade/guide/lwapnote.html#wp161272

HTH

-Jai

JC

Thanks for the reply Jai.

Do you know how I could get the autonomous IOS version. Is the only way to get the softwareto purchase a Cisco service contract?

Yep!

You need to have a valid CCO login in order to download any image from Cisco:

Go to Support-->Download software-->Wireless Software-->Access points--->124o series--->IOS software--->download an IOS image.

HTH

-Jai

JC

I have a valid CCO account (can post on the Forums without one), but cannot download the current 1240 IOS software. It just blankly sends me back to the IOS page. Frustrating.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: