cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can i setup local authentication on wlc 4402?

thompso7540
Level 1
Level 1

We are using wlc 4402 and 802.1x peap with accs back to our active directory.

Is there a way that local - (this computer) non domain accounts can still login? Can i make the user locally in the wlc?

how will it work when i try to connect on the windows wireless zero?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

bbxie
Level 3
Level 3

For non domain accounts to login, you have two options:

1.in ACS you can create a internal user database which will include all the non domain user accounts, so when a user try to access the WLAN, ACS will firstly check internal user database, if not there, ACS will forward it to AD user database to auth through configured unknow user policy.

2. You can use local EAP in WLC, and create local user account in WLC for all the non domain user. WLC will user ACS to auth the user, if can't find, it will use local EAP to auth the user, for detailed configuration guide on configure local EAP, you can refer following link: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/5.1/configuration/guide/c51sol.html#wp1172157

It doesn't matter if you use windows zero config or use special client wireless software.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

bbxie
Level 3
Level 3

For non domain accounts to login, you have two options:

1.in ACS you can create a internal user database which will include all the non domain user accounts, so when a user try to access the WLAN, ACS will firstly check internal user database, if not there, ACS will forward it to AD user database to auth through configured unknow user policy.

2. You can use local EAP in WLC, and create local user account in WLC for all the non domain user. WLC will user ACS to auth the user, if can't find, it will use local EAP to auth the user, for detailed configuration guide on configure local EAP, you can refer following link: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/5.1/configuration/guide/c51sol.html#wp1172157

It doesn't matter if you use windows zero config or use special client wireless software.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: