cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error: DeviceTransientConnection

Cynth.Fair
Level 1
Level 1

I have an ATA 186 with two ports and both ports are programmed with phone numbers. If I call those numbers from any phone I receive the following message "your call can not be completed as dialed". The error in the event log reads: Error: DeviceTransientConnection - Transient connection attempt.

Connecting Port: 59964

Device name [Optional].:

Device IP address.: 172.30.3.55

Device type. [Optional]: 255

Reason Code [Optional].: 6

App ID: Cisco CallManager

Cluster ID: COBVOIP1-Cluster

Node ID: 172.30.0.10

Explanation: A connection was established and immediately dropped before completing registration. Incomplete registration may indicate a device is rehoming in the middle of registration. The alarm could also indicate a device misconfiguration, database error, or an illegal/unknown device trying to attempt a connection.

Recommended Action: No action is required if this event was issued as a result of a normal device rehome..

I am using Call Manager 4.1. I have tried using different phone numbers and I get the same result. Call Manager sees the ATA because it is registered. Does this mean the ATA is bad? I have no other ATA's to test this theory out. I am able to ping the ATA and connect to it via the IP address.

Any Ideas of what else I could try?

2 Replies 2

dsweeny
Level 3
Level 3

This error can appear if a connection is established and immediately dropped before registration is completed. Incomplete registration can indicate that a device is rehoming in the middle of registration. The alarm can also indicate a device misconfiguration, database error, or an illegal/unknown device trying to attempt a connection. If a connection to Cisco CallManager on TCP port 2000 is terminated before Simple Client Control Protocol (SCCP) registration completes, this event is logged. You can simulate this when you make a Telnet connection using telnet 2000, and close it.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080111ac2.shtml#topic1

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

THe message u r seeing is because port 2 may be not configured and explanation above describes why.

The behaviour u r seeing is mor elikely to Calling Search Space partitions, try to place ATA DN in None partition or in a partition reachable from other phones

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: