cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error: DeviceTransientConnection

Cynth.Fair
Level 1
Level 1

I have an ATA 186 with two ports and both ports are programmed with phone numbers. If I call those numbers from any phone I receive the following message "your call can not be completed as dialed". The error in the event log reads: Error: DeviceTransientConnection - Transient connection attempt.

Connecting Port: 59964

Device name [Optional].:

Device IP address.: 172.30.3.55

Device type. [Optional]: 255

Reason Code [Optional].: 6

App ID: Cisco CallManager

Cluster ID: COBVOIP1-Cluster

Node ID: 172.30.0.10

Explanation: A connection was established and immediately dropped before completing registration. Incomplete registration may indicate a device is rehoming in the middle of registration. The alarm could also indicate a device misconfiguration, database error, or an illegal/unknown device trying to attempt a connection.

Recommended Action: No action is required if this event was issued as a result of a normal device rehome..

I am using Call Manager 4.1. I have tried using different phone numbers and I get the same result. Call Manager sees the ATA because it is registered. Does this mean the ATA is bad? I have no other ATA's to test this theory out. I am able to ping the ATA and connect to it via the IP address.

Any Ideas of what else I could try?

2 Replies 2

dsweeny
Level 3
Level 3

This error can appear if a connection is established and immediately dropped before registration is completed. Incomplete registration can indicate that a device is rehoming in the middle of registration. The alarm can also indicate a device misconfiguration, database error, or an illegal/unknown device trying to attempt a connection. If a connection to Cisco CallManager on TCP port 2000 is terminated before Simple Client Control Protocol (SCCP) registration completes, this event is logged. You can simulate this when you make a Telnet connection using telnet 2000, and close it.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080111ac2.shtml#topic1

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

THe message u r seeing is because port 2 may be not configured and explanation above describes why.

The behaviour u r seeing is mor elikely to Calling Search Space partitions, try to place ATA DN in None partition or in a partition reachable from other phones