cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pix VPN help

johnakeating
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to access resources through a Cisco PIX 506E. I can connect the client.... but they cannot see anything beyond the PIX. Any help would be appreciated.

The resources default gateway is in fact the inside interface of the pix- The pix's outside interface connects to another cisco router that is connected to the internet. The connected client is able to ping the inside interface (10.1.1.1) of the pix.

Will rate Thanks!!!!

2 Replies 2

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

All though it is possible - all to frequently I see issues with allocating IP addresses from the same subnet as the inside interface IP subnet.

Try allocating a seperate IP subnet range to the remote VON clients - say 10.1.2.0/24

Any routers on the inside should have a static route configured for the 10.1.2.0/24 pointing to the PIX.

HTH>

to add to the nice comment from andrew

make sure the inside client have thier default gateway the pix inside ip address

make sure that u have a defualt rote point to the router ip address of the interface connected to the pix outside interface

for vpn

u have used pool2 while in ur nat 0 the access list dose not include IPs in that pool

so becareful with pools IP addressing and NAT 0 need to include all traffic from inside going to vpn pool range

good luck

if helpful Rate

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: