Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC-RFID

satyamothukuri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am working on a project for wireless. The customer needs RFID to be integrated with LWAP. They need to monitor their staffs and few equipments .Time wise billing should be done for the usage of internet for their customers. We have recommended WLC 4404, WCS, Cisco Location Appliance. Give me appropriate solution, RFID Tag info and whether Cisco has a sol for this kind of project and Implemented in India ever before? Please help me out……

Regards,

satya.M

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You should check out this article I ran into:

http://www.cisco.com/web/about/ciscoitatwork/mobility/wireless_rfid_asset_tracking_web.html

AeroScout and Pango are some of vendors that have partnered up with Cisco. In case you need better accuracy than what you can get from RSSI determination, then you have to look at one of these companies that can give you the accuracy you need. Intermec also has a passive tagging product that uses exciters which can alert you if a tag has passed through a certain point.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Some of the RFID tags include the CCX extensions which will help but ensure that the wholee system is set up surveyed and commissioned correctly with fingerprinting etc

Please let me know what distance RFID covers?

It's really not a set distance.... depending on your environment, at any point you should see at least three or more ap with a signal strenth of -75 or better. Open areas, basements, walled space, all havve different RF footprints. You just have to survey to figure that out.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Its impossible to say it covers "x" distance. It will depend on the attenuation of walls machinery desks etc, everything in the way.For RFID you need a proper survey or a competent wireless engineer to do a simulation with floor plans

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card