Views
Helpful
Replies

Store and forward Fax

microtel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to active T37 on ramp and off ramp fax, so i introduce the command "fax interface-type fax-mail" and i reboot the router.

But when i continue the config to introduce the following coommand: call application voice onramp flash:app_faxmail_onramp.2.0.1.3.tcl, the router do not recognize the command

I have a cisco 2801 with IOS:c2801-ipvoicek9-mz.124-11.XW2

Any idea??

Thanks for your help

Malek

2 Replies 2

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

To specify the interface to be used for a fax call, use the fax interface-type command in global configuration mode. To reset to the default fax protocol, use the no form of this command.

fax interface-type {fax-mail | modem | vfc}

no fax interface-type {fax-mail | modem | vfc}

where the

Fax-mail Specifies that voice digital signal processors (DSPs) process fax store-and-forward data. This keyword replaces the vfc keyword for DSPs.

Modem specifies (Cisco AS5300 only) Specifies that modem cards process fax store-and-forward data.

Vfc specifies the (Cisco AS5300 only) Specifies that voice feature cards (VFCs) process fax store-and-forward data. This keyword has been superseded by the fax-mailkeyword and is retained for backward compatibility only.

For the Configuring T.37 Store and Forward Fax following guide will help you :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/vvf_c/cisco_ios_fax_services_over_ip_application_guide/t37.html

kking2008
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, you need to re-read that guide and keep in mind that you are configuring this on a 12.4 router not a pre 12.3(11)T router.

the correct command should look more like this:

application

service onramp flash:app_faxmail_onramp.2.0.1.3.tcl

then reboot and finish the configuration. This application has to be loaded into memory before the "service fax_on_vfc_onramp_app out-bound" dial-peer command can used.