Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Pilot

rod.blackie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have hunt pilot configured and working ok, the pilot consists of 3 line groups with 3 directory numbers in each line group. I am using the broadcast algorithm to try each member in each line group then move onto the next line group when the calls aren't answered.

My question/issue is this, how can I make the members of each line group know that its a call from the hunt pilot number thats coming through - currently only the dialling number is presented on the phone screens as the calls pass through the line groups - so each member doesn't know its a call from the hunt pilot number

hope this makes sense?..

ta

Rod

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rod,

I have not tried this but could you try setting up a new DN on a CTI Route Point that "front ends" (via Call Forward All) the Hunt Group. The calls to this new DN it will still reach the Hunt Pilot but will strip off the CLID and replace it with it's own. This way your users will see the proper Hunt Pilot CLID :)

So, for example, if one of your Hunt Pilot DN's is 5000. Take 5000 and move it to become the CTI-RP DN and create a new Hunt Pilot DN of 2100 (with the same Line Group Members). On the CTI-RP DN Configuration page set the Call Forward All to 2100. When a call comes in via 5000 the users will be able to see that CLID on their phones to identify the proper response.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rod,

I have not tried this but could you try setting up a new DN on a CTI Route Point that "front ends" (via Call Forward All) the Hunt Group. The calls to this new DN it will still reach the Hunt Pilot but will strip off the CLID and replace it with it's own. This way your users will see the proper Hunt Pilot CLID :)

So, for example, if one of your Hunt Pilot DN's is 5000. Take 5000 and move it to become the CTI-RP DN and create a new Hunt Pilot DN of 2100 (with the same Line Group Members). On the CTI-RP DN Configuration page set the Call Forward All to 2100. When a call comes in via 5000 the users will be able to see that CLID on their phones to identify the proper response.

Hope this helps!

Rob

nice one rob :)

by the way i think he could also do it by making a trnslation pattren that translate for example the DID to the pilot DN and make a transformation the CLID as well

Thanks Rob, your suggestion worked as described. Top marks for getting in there first..

Many thanks

Rod