cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Selecting the right Wireless Router / DSL Modem

rjewelers
Level 1
Level 1

I need assistance in selecting the right Wireless Router / DSL Modem (800-Series) for my business. Can someone help?

8 Replies 8

jaichauh
Level 1
Level 1

You can go for 871 wireless router.

JC

Why did you recommend that model?

Wisely used, easy to configure and manage:

Cisco 870 Series of integrated services routers are fixed-configuration routers that support multiple types of DSL technologies, broadband cable, and Metro Ethernet connections in small offices.

They provide the performance needed to run concurrent services, including firewall, intrusion prevention, and encryption for VPNs; optional 802.11b/g for WLAN networking; and quality of service (QoS) features for optimizing voice and video applications. In addition, the Cisco Router and Security Device Manager (SDM) Web-based configuration tool simplifies setup and deployment, and centralized management capabilities give network managers visibility and control of the network configurations at the remote site.

Please take a look at the following datasheet:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps380/ps6200/product_data_sheet0900aecd8028a976.html

JC

typo...*widely

JC

(I actually read it as widely...) Thanks.

Ok, looked at the Data Sheet. Thank you for the recommendation. I like the 871 and see that it is what I need.

One last question --> What's the difference between the 871 and the 871W? Are they separate models? Should I look at the 871W instead?

I believe the CISCO871-K9 is the non-wireless model and CISCO871W-G-A-K9, CISCO871W-G-E-K9, and CISCO871W-G-J-K9 are the wireless models.

Can anyone confirm my assumption. Also, can anyone differentiate between the 'A', 'E', and 'J' variations.

Thank you.

yep..

W stands for wireless and G means, it has got a G radio. So, CISCO871W-G is the right model.

A-K9, E-K9, J-K9 are the regulatory domain.

A- American

E-Europe

J-Japan

An american model is CISCO871W-G-A-K9.

HTH

-Jai

JC

Thanks...now I got it

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card