Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP Gateway Channels Log

mibrahim1986
Level 1
Level 1

Hi UC experts,

I have a question. What are possible ways of logging the use of E1 Channels at an MGCP gateway.

I found a way by using the RTMT tool at Performance>"CUCMIP">Cisco MGCP PRI Device> Call Active and Calls Completed.

But the problem is that the RTMT output doesn't match with the "sh voice calls summary" command directly on the GW.

What would be another way of monitoring the use of my E1 channels?

Regards and thanks

Moe

5 Replies 5

Michael Owuor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mohamed,

Another way is to use SNMP. These OID's may help:

cpmDS1ActiveDS0s (.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.10.19.1.1.9.1.3)

isdnBearerOperStatus (.1.3.6.1.2.1.10.20.1.2.1.1.2)

callActiveTable (.1.3.6.1.2.1.10.21.1.3.1)

Regards,

Michael.

Hi Michael,

thank you vey much.

The only problem is I haven't worked with SNMP before. We have the basic SNMP server configuration seted up on our gateway.

How can I now turn on the provided snmp OIDs?

Tank you very much.

Regards

Moe

Hi Moe,

Generally the MIBs are already in the router, and with newer versions of IOS, you should be set. Configure SNMP community strings on the router:

snmp-server community RO

snmp-server community RW

Next use a SNMP EMS/NMS tool to poll the router for the objects you are interested in. Use SNMP EMS/NMS tool to poll the specific OID that you are interested in.

The MIB objects and OID's that provide the equivalent information to the "show voice call summary" command are described here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk362/technologies_tech_note09186a008048349c.shtml#s2

I searched on google for free NMS/EMS tools, and there are several. One of them, Denika Performance Trender, has the following description: Real-time reports allow you to trend OIDs in real time (i.e. every second). This is especially useful when trouble shooting highly utilized interfaces."

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Michael.

Hi Michael,

thank you very much for the detailed explanation.

Now I got the difference between MIBs and OIDs.

Best regards

Moe

hi,

I have a question about CUCM 6.1

Can I monitor the utilization of voice channels E1 during long time, but I can't to have a machine with RTMT nor SNMP available?

Is there any log or statistics available with this information?

Thanks.

Regards,

Carlos Martos

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: