cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2621XM having issues with NM4E

j.polletta
Level 1
Level 1

I have a NM4E that I can't seem to get to run on a 2621XM. I have another 2620 that the card runs fine in, but even with the comperable IOS on both systems I get a error on the 2621XM and the system constantly boots and crashes.

Has anyone else seen this kind of problem in this situation ?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

donlerche
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, sounds like a compatability problem between the hardware and IOS. Best suggestion is to use the Cisco software advisor to check hardware / IOS requirements. The advisor includes facility to include details of any network modules installed.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I had run the check through the system and uploaded about 5 different tracts of software.

Did resolve it today though. There was a bad connection on the system board of the router that was causing some of the pins on the NM module not to seat fully, thus it was erroring out.

Once I adjusted the screws on the board to allow the module to seat deeper into the connector all was good.

Thanks to all ....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco