cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Any good software to find the TopTalker..?

mvsheik123
Level 7
Level 7

Hi All,

Iam looking for a good tool to find the Top Talker on the network links. The issue I need to address is we have a market-data feed from a vendor and sometimes the Serial links maxes out. We can only control LAN porion (core switch port that connects to Vendor router Ethernet i/f), so we have an option to find the the top talker for that max time. so Iam looking for software/tool that goes on to a laptop/PC and span the switch port and find the top talker. I think Ether-real will not help in finding the top talker.

Please suggest.

Thank you in advance

MS

6 Replies 6

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Thank you. I already have orion NMS at main Datacenter. We might need to get netflow module for this. Will this gives you option too..

1. Find the top talker on a switch port which at different location..?

2. Will it helps in finding the top talker from a subnet to another subnet/IP..? (i mean option to enter source subnet range --> destination Subnet range/IP).

3. Does it gives historical toptalker information also..?

Thank you

MS

1. No

2. Yes/as long as your monitoring one of the subnets

3. No

The free tool just monitors one router at a time. For long term analysis you should get the foll blown Netflow module.

Thank you... Iam looking at Niksun box (may be quite expensive)

rgds

MS

Thank you. But the switch/rtr 4507-R Sups does not have the netflow service cards (WS-F4531)

rgds

MS

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card