Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
17 Replies 17

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Some interesting enhancements:

1) Support for Internet Explorer 7.x-The MARS web interface is verified to run correctly on Microsoft® Internet Explorer 7.x.

I hope we no longer have to close two windows after hitting the 'Activate' button.

2) Rule Enhancements-Rules can now be deleted, and the audit log of which user deleted the rule is maintained by MARS. Rule now support up to 20 keywords. .....

3) Performance Enhancement for Inline Queries, Batch Queries and Reports

4) Device Support Framework-This feature enables the definition, export, and import of packages that describe a new device type. Specifically, it defines the device type, event parsing rules, inspection rules, and reports. You can export and reuse these packages across multiple Local Controllers and Global Controllers.

5) New Cisco Device Support-Support for the following new device types or versions is included:

-IOS 12.4(6)T - Zone-based Firewall

-Cisco IPS 6.x virtual sensor support

-ASA/PIX 7.2.3 and 7.2.4

-ASA/PIX 8.0.3

-ASA 8.1/6580 with NetFlow 9 support

-Cisco Secure Access Control Server 4.1.3

-FWSM 3.1.8

-CSC-SSM 6.1 and 6.2

-Cisco Clean Air 4.1.3

-Cisco WLAN 5.0

-Cisco Security Agent 6.0

•New 3rd-Party Device Support-Support for the following new device types or versions is included:

-Juniper Netscreen FW 5.4 and 6.0

-McAfee Foundstone 5.0 and 6.0

-McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 3.6.x and 4.0 (McAfee AntiVirus 8.x supported through ePO)

-McAfee Intrushield 4.1

Enjoy :)

Regards

Farrukh

Hello and thank you for the post. This is good information. For reference, I believe you meant Cisco Clean 'Access' 4.1.3 and not Clean 'Air'... Just so that nobody else wastes time trying to figure out what Cisco just purchased that I didn't know about... :)

Thanks,

Jeff

I just did a copy paste from the release notes mate :). It seems Cisco was in a hurry for the release. Even the ASA model is 6580 instead of 5580. Anyway no major issues there.

Regards

Farrukh

srdroppers
Level 1
Level 1

Just checked the software download links - 6.0.1.3066 is available for download.

Seton

The .pkg file is listed as 1.2 G bytes, csmars-5.3.6.2937 was 121,881 KB.

Agreed. Thank you for the post!

Jeff

Edited to add: I am downloading the .iso right now. I haven't tried the upgrade yet.

As of right now, the upgrade is downloadable too. Also 1.2 GB.

js88888888
Level 1
Level 1

Downloading now.

Anyone upgrading from 4.3.x to 6.0? I will attempt this ASAP time permitting.

I Plan to do this next month.

Please share your experience.

Cheers

Scott

I'll be doing one for sure, but not until 2-3 weeks when I hear some nice success stories :)

Regards

Farrukh

Mine is re-imaging now. Since ours was not yet in full production, I'm only importing config data.

On the Oracle DB creation phase now.

guys,

please do share the results of re-imaging and upgrading if some one is doing it already ;)

So far so good. I only imported config data from 4.3.6 and abandoned the event data.

As far as the directions go, very easy with no work-arounds required.

srdroppers
Level 1
Level 1

Download and upgrade from 5.3.6 was easy and pain free. (Note - your experience may very, my upgrade was for a small 110R system that has only had 5.3 loaded, and "only" 72 devices being monitored.)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: