cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WIC-1DSU-T1 and 2800 series router

nsbinfocomm-wan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone. I have a very simple question regarding a 2800 router and WIC-1DSU-T1 cards. The 2800 has HWIC and NM slots, I was working under the assumtion that an HWIC slot would accomadate a WIC card, but the router will not discover these devices and assign them a port as many other routers that I have worked with do. I have tried various IOS with the same results. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It's possible you might need to define the WIC card added via the controller command. Don't have access to a 2800 at the moment for an example, but if this is the situation, good chance someone else will provide more info.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It's possible you might need to define the WIC card added via the controller command. Don't have access to a 2800 at the moment for an example, but if this is the situation, good chance someone else will provide more info.

donlerche
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, the product guides for the 2800 list a V2 of WIC-1DSU-T1 (see http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5854/products_relevant_interfaces_and_modules.html#serialwan).

If your WIC is the older version, it may be that it's not compatible.

True enough... Follow up question, would the T1/E1 ports on http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps5365/products_data_sheet09186a0080191d41.html (NM-HDV2-2T1/2E1) perform the same function as a pair of WIC-1DSU-T1 would? Does the NM card have the DSU functionality onboard like the WIC does?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card