cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MDS 9134 and MS IAS Server Authentication

thefindjack
Level 1
Level 1

I have my MDS 9134 switches working with MS IAS server for radius authentication. What I cant do is get into the Admin role with IAS authentication. Does anybody know what parameters I need to pass through IAS to login to the MDS 9134 switches using the "admin" role?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

inch
Level 3
Level 3

G'day,

Not sure on how to make the IAS server send through the role information but....

You need to send through the cisco-avpair value of 'shell:roles="network-admin"'

where network-admin is the default "admin" role.

Cheers

Andrew

View solution in original post

I have attached an MS Word Document showing the approximately 50 steps to complete to set the Cisco-av-pair. Note that you are using custom roles, the role must exist in the MDS, or the user will default to 'network-admin' by design.

Hope this helps,

Mike

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

inch
Level 3
Level 3

G'day,

Not sure on how to make the IAS server send through the role information but....

You need to send through the cisco-avpair value of 'shell:roles="network-admin"'

where network-admin is the default "admin" role.

Cheers

Andrew

I have attached an MS Word Document showing the approximately 50 steps to complete to set the Cisco-av-pair. Note that you are using custom roles, the role must exist in the MDS, or the user will default to 'network-admin' by design.

Hope this helps,

Mike

Got it all working, Thanks guys!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: