cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help setting up 2 SSID

smcltd.com
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to setup 2 SSID for my APs. I would like to have one with WPA-PSK and w/tkip encryption and also an open SSID w/no encryption.

I have looked at the online procedure but there seems to be some missing information or items that I just don't get.

I understand having multiple VLANs but I am uncertain what all needs to be done on other hardware (but I can configure it if needed).

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thank You

4 Replies 4

smcltd.com
Level 1
Level 1

I forgot, the WPA-PSK is the main/default network and dhcp comes from AD. The 2nd open network is for internet access only and dhcp will come from a firewall/router.

Please create two VLANs and map them with two different SSID's.

VLAN is require to put two different encryption settings, as encryption is set on the radio not on SSID.

Thus, by creating VLAN we create different sub interfaces on the radio.

Take a look at the following links:

VLAN on Aironet

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080665ceb.shtml

WPA configuration example:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008054339e.shtml

HTH

-Jai

JC

Thank You, that may be all I need but one last question/clarification. Do I need to do anything with VLANs on the remainder of my network or is this just for the AP.

Currently we do not user VLANS on our network.

Thank You again for your help.

This would work.

However, if you want your guest vlan users to go for internet only..(not internal access), then you need to define vlan on the remainder devices and make some policies for these users, so that they can't access the internal network.

HTH

-Jai

JC
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card