Views
Helpful
Replies

Failover (up but not working???)

m.samouka
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

i have configured failover on my 2 ASA but the secondary unit state is : (Secondary - Failed) as shown below. i have configured LAN-Based Failover and stateful failover on the same gig interface.

Could any one assist me please! Thanks...

=

Updated:

I have found that following information:

Licensed features for this platform:

Maximum Physical Interfaces : Unlimited

Maximum VLANs : 150

Inside Hosts : Unlimited

Failover : Active/Active

VPN-DES : Enabled

VPN-3DES-AES : Enabled

Security Contexts : 2

GTP/GPRS : Disabled

VPN Peers : 750

WebVPN Peers : 2

AnyConnect for Mobile : Disabled

AnyConnect for Linksys phone : Disabled

Advanced Endpoint Assessment : Disabled

UC Proxy Sessions : 2

This platform has an ASA 5520 VPN Plus license.

Does that mean that the license is the problem?

====

Kindly find attached the output of the show commands: (sh failover & sh failover state)

5 Replies 5

m.samouka
Level 1
Level 1

chris.rae07
Level 1
Level 1

Make sure that your failover interfaces are in the up/up state, and that they are not administratively down.

Chris

hi, according to the attached show commands the interface is up and the configuration have been successfully replicated on the secondary but the problem is that when i display the status of the failover i found that the status of the Secondary ASA is: Secondary - Failed.

when i enter the commands to switch the ASA from active to standby (no failover active) or on the other ASA (failover active) the process failed.

i'm wondering do i have to contact cisco to change the license on the ASA from Active/Active to Active/Standby as mentioned above?

Active/active failover license means that you can setup Active/active as well as Active/standby failover between the units.

Regards,

Sushil

suschoud
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The problem here is that the management interfaces :

inside_management

management

have no link between the units.

Issue :

no monitor-interface inside_management

no monitor-interface management

Above commands would effectively stop failover machanism to monitor these two interfaces.

OTHERWISE,CONNECT CABLE BETWEEN THESE INTERFACES JUST AS WITH THE REST OF THE INTERFACES AND ASSIGN ACTIVE/STANDBY IP ADDRESSES ON INTERFACES.

Please rate if helpful

Regards,

Sushil