Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DMM Appliance Question

Customer is looking into getting a DMM appliance but is concerned with having enough Disk Drives.

I do not see any documentation on how to add additional Disk Drives to a DMM server.

If they initially go with a 7835 server with two drives, is it as easy as doing a shutdown of the server and installing the new drive and restarting the server for the system to see the drive and start using it? Or is there some other majic that needs to be done?

thanks

3 Replies 3

Charles Little
Level 1
Level 1

Why would you need additional Disk drives on the DMM? You should not be storing any content on the DMM, even though it allows you to. The DMM should be used for commmand and control only, not as a content storage server.

If that is the Cisco "Best Practice", why place it on a 7835 platform with the capability of multiple drives. Just go with a 7825 instead and make this clear in the product sheets.

Go figure. I am not with Cisco so I can't answer that question. I have wondered that myself. Its more than a best practice; if you are trying to serve up videos from the DMM and other content, the larger the deploy gets the more issues you will have with video stuttering and other playback issues, with content. Leave the DMM to do the Command and Control. Position the html, jpgs, gifs, videos and other content on a simple Apache server somewhere on the LAN. Works mucho better.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: