Helpful
Replies

switch port port-security MAC-ADDRESS sticky

sanochinatsu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I set switch port port-security.

How can I reset MACaddress globally when we set MACaddress sticky?

Tnanks,

Chinatsu

5 Replies 5

Mark Yeates
Level 7
Level 7

Chinatsu,

To delete all the sticky addresses on an interface or a VLAN, use the "clear port-security sticky interface interface-id" command.

HTH,

Mark

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

clear port-security sticky

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

I am facing some issues with port-security in my network environment. The issue comes when we try to move users(PC/Phone) from one place to another in the same floor off course they belong to the same access switch.

The PC and phone does not connect even after we reset the port/clear the ARP/Mac-Address-Table.

also if try to manually bind the mac-address to the switch port it says : duplicate address" address already there message.

can any one share why this type of behavior and how to over come this problem.

If you enable sticky, this binds the MAC to the port, regardless of aging, link-down, etc. If you want MACs to be able to move, don't use sticky.

Also, then I'd recommend aging to mitigate the issue of MACs moving around. Something else you might look into if you're running Cisco phones .. they can now send a switch a CDP update whenever phones unplug. This can immediately clear port-security state.

Hope this helps,

I am using AVAYA IP phones and have the same issue.

What should be used instead of sticky and why does it say that the max should be 3 if there are only 2 MACs bound to the interface of teh switch.

Thanks,

Vlad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: