cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DMP 4305G: How can I delete content from flash?

Volker Janusch
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

how can I delete presentations from the internal flash-device on the dmp4305G 5.0?

Volker

Manager DC-Networking, Automation & WLAN
Logicalis GmbH
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Charles Little
Level 1
Level 1

You will need to access the DMP manager software directly on the the DMP. Type in the IP address of DMP to get the user /pass. Utilizing the manager enable FTP and set to read and write. Utilize an FTP client to access the SAN disc on the DMP @ IPaddress/tmp/ftproot/usb_1. This info is in the user guide.

FYI...If you are pushing content to the SAN disc on the DMP with the DMD it will turn off the FTP function and disable read and write every time. Makes it frustrating some times.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Charles Little
Level 1
Level 1

You will need to access the DMP manager software directly on the the DMP. Type in the IP address of DMP to get the user /pass. Utilizing the manager enable FTP and set to read and write. Utilize an FTP client to access the SAN disc on the DMP @ IPaddress/tmp/ftproot/usb_1. This info is in the user guide.

FYI...If you are pushing content to the SAN disc on the DMP with the DMD it will turn off the FTP function and disable read and write every time. Makes it frustrating some times.

Thank you. I had not seen this information . It works. And yes it is frustrating if the ftp access switches to read only. It occurs every time if I transfer content from DMM. And sometimes the DMP does reboot.

Logicalis GmbH

Yep tried that whole method and found it to be painfull and frustrating. I would not suggest that content strategy. Is there a reason you are doing your content and pushing your applications that way?

SO here is some more info. Try this. First off you should not be ingesting any content onto the DMM. That's a no no. Eventually you will begin to have command and control and playback issues as your content library grows. The DMM allows you to do that but it is not a good practice. Set up a simple Apache Server and place all JPEGS, GIFS, HTML, Video there. Ingest them into the Media Library on the DMM by referenceing their HTML address. You can also pre-position your videos on the DMPs if pushing them across the LAN is an issue. Use the DMD to build the application using the backgrounds, video, and graphic elements positioned on the Apache server and DMPs. Let the DMM serve up the application, don't worry about transfering it to the DMP. Faster to build applications and you don't have to wait to see if they work.

This failure occurred within the implementation and workshop on customers site. And it was impossible to motivate the customer to setup (and bye) additional servers / content-delivery-devices like WAAS because of this failure.

The next issue is: If I copy an video (MPG) to the flash with ftp it works. But it is impossible to delete this file and the flash is described for r/w. I can delete this file after reconfigure the flash to read/write. Image-files like JPG are not affected by this issue. Very strange.

The method you described is very useful and I used this function for demonstration within our DMS-LAB.

Logicalis GmbH

Try this with your client, if they have an old PC laying around this solution doesn't cost a dime except for your time. All you really need is the Apache server. Apache is a free download. Since the traffic on the server will be very...very light in a small deployment you could set the server up using an old PC. Just run Apache on the PC and let it be a file server. Cheap but cost effective to prove out the concept.

Not sure on the new DMP issue. At this point I usually hit the reset button on the DMP and reconfigure the whole box to exactly what I want. After you have pushed DMD applications to the DMP and wish to use another method I have found that the best thing is to start out by hitting the reset button in many cases to completely clear all the settings. Takes five minutes to start over when they start doing funky things. :)

Yes it works in our LAB for a while and I will use this solution for future options.

But I have a new problem with customers DMS. I will open a new discussion.

Logicalis GmbH

rguzman.plannet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am experiencing a similar issue. In my case I usually open a window then type ftp://IP so that I get access to the memory card of the DMP and once there I write or delete info from it. Although read and write option and ftp are enabled I cannot delete any information from the memory. I have experienced that with a couple of DMP4305.

Is this the same problem you had???

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: