Views
Helpful
Replies

Calls Hung up in IVR. Abandoned?

ra_jeshkalra_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Sorry, I am new to IPCCX scripting.I noted for all calls the customer hangs up/puts the phone doen in IVR, it shows as abandoned in "Application performance analysis" report.

Is this the default nature?And not a problem?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

lpezj
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

All the calls that have not been handle by an agent are considered in statistics as abandoned. If you would like to change this behaviour you must chage the 'handle' propery to true.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

I tried to change the default behaviour, to "handled" whenevr the customer presses a option in IVR, but the problem with this scenario is , down the IVR if for the same call customer presses "0" to reach the agent and the call is queued(agent not free) and hangs up the call.This call shows as handled not "abandoned"(due to my marking this as handled in first step).

So I am now forced to the Cisco default bahavoiur of abandoned in IVR for customer putting the phone down.

But this means if 100 calls comes to IVr and 10 and say 90 customer puts the phone down, we see 90 abandoned calls?

Can you please confirm this is correct and not a problem.. and this is how IPCCX6.0 works and is implemented industry wise?

Thanks

What you have described is correct: if you do not use the Set Contact Info step to mark the contact as handled, the application abandoned statistic will be incremented. This is expected behavior.

It is important to note that there are two separate abandoned statistics. The application abandoned statistic was designed to give you a way of marking calls handled when they have reached a meaningful point in your script and then report on that.

The second statistic, ICD abandoned, is only set when a Select Resource step is encountered. If an agent answers, it is set to handled. If the caller hangs up, it is set to abandoned, and if you dequeue the contact, it is marked dequeued. Also, if you queue the contact to multiple CSQs and an agent in another CSQ answers, it will be marked 'handled by other' in the other CSQs it was queued to.

This behavior and the two statistics are explained somewhat in the Release Notes. In the version 7.0(1) document, this is on page 18, Contact Dispositions in Cisco Unified CCX Real-Time Reports and Historical Reports.

http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_7_0/release/notes/uccx701rn.pdf

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: