Views
Helpful
Replies

Add Local speed dial and personnal speed dial from the IP Phone itself

ogor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

How i can assign local speed dial and personal speed dial to buttons in Cisco IP phone 7965 & 7975 from the Phone itself. I have CCME 2821 and now i i found that i can assign the speed dial only from browser. Is there an option for me to do it from Phone itself?

When i asked a cisco guy he said its not possible in CCME.

Same way he said extension mobility feature also not possible with CCME.

Can someone tell me if its possible or not?

Best Regards

2 Replies 2

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

There's router XML or AXL for CME.. it has a command that allows you to send certain CLI commands (basically ephone and ephone-dn stuff) which should be enough to write an IP Phone Service which allows you to read out the phone config, list the available buttons and allow the user to program them (it might be a bit tricky dealing with the phone button templates.. if you define one line button as service button you cannot use it as softkey so you need to only list the buttons that can be used - but if you're proficient with the CME it shouldn't be a problem to figure it out (I'm not so I can't tell you how to do it without investing time I don't have).

As far as EM is concerned.. it is possible.. you just need a very recent CME release.

hi,

Should be possible with the CUCME 7.x version.

Greets,

Norbert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: