Views
Helpful
Replies

waas not starting

dot10000000000
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have a waas box that refuses to take any text command. it laods normally but when it ges to inputing username and password, whatever is typed doesnt show on the screen. Even if i try to recover it by trying to bypass the boot sequence and all, it still doesnt take any command i type. it doesnt show on the screen. is there any hope t recover this box. i have attached the loading sequence to this.

thanks

5 Replies 5

mlouis
Level 1
Level 1

Are you telneting into the box or using a console connection?

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The boot sequence looks OK (no hardware init errors).

Michael makes an excellent point. I am assuming that you are using console, as you could not see the boot sequence otherwise. Your terminal emulation software should be configured with the following parameters: 9600 baud, 8 data bits, no parity bits, and 1 stop bit.

Dan

Hi,

its console alright not telnet but it is definitely not the terminal settings. they are correctly set. It just does not accept any command.

Hi all,

i think the console port on my WAE is bad. The problem i have right now is that the vty lines are not set up for access and the guys that set up the box don't even remember the ip address on it. is there any other way to get into the wae device?

thanks

Dotun.

I think I agree with you. I didn't realize it was setup already with an IP address. You should see it's IP address by using the switch cdp detail or arp table.

Once you have the IP, you can telnet directly to it.

Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: