cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCCP configurations

islam_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

How I enforce all traffic coming through the ASA firewall to be forwarded to the Proxy server in the DMZ

2 Replies 2

suschoud
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

WCCP redirect is supported only on the ingress of an interface. The only topology that the security appliance supports is when client and cache engine are behind the same interface of the security appliance and the cache engine can directly communicate with the client without going through the security appliance.

I think what you are trying to achieve is not possible.Put the cache server in inside if the clients are also on inside.

Reference :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa72/configuration/guide/dhcp.html#wp1094445

Please rate if helpful.

Regards,

Sushil

Thanks Sushil for your replay.

But I think that its possible to achive it.

Maybe you didn't get my point!

In other words, suppose you have a proxy server and you need all web access requests to be available only through this proxy whatever where you placed it.

You can make proxy settings on each client PC but the easier solution is to make it transpaernt proxy to be enforced for all clients

so any client can't access web except through the Proxy.

This is the case.But what is the configurations required to accomplish it ?? this is my question,

Thanks again

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card