Views
Helpful
Replies

GSS architecture doubts

rbarroshpcsc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I have two GSSs: GSSA on siteA and GSSB on site B. The GSSs are ANS for a certain domain. There is a INS (intermidiate name server) that has two entries (one for each GSS), if GSSA fails then the INS will use the GSSB.

My question is: Is it possible to use a active-standby configuration (with config replication and all) in this scenario? How will the GSSs interact in order to process the requests?

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

Yes, It is possible to use active-standby configuration in GSS network as all GSS devices in the network, including the primary GSSM and standby GSSM, are delegated authority for domains, respond to DNS queries and perform keepalives, and use their local CLI for basic network management. All GSS devices depend on the primary GSSM to provide centralized, shared global server load-balancing functionality.

Ok. But tell me one thing, how is it that both GSS (primary and standby) process requests at the same time if they do not maintain a Virtual IP?

Thank you

INS provides client's D-proxy with 2 IP addresses of both GSS, client's D-proxy tries first IP to resolve requested domain and if it fails tryes second and returns IP to client.

It is possible also to provide end-client with names/IP of authoritative DNS server (GSSs) for requested domain, that saves traffic next time client needs to re-resolve.

Alex

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: