Views
Helpful
Replies

sql injection update signature

josephium
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

we are currently comparing cisco ips to tippingpoint, i have a cisco ips in front and tippingpoint in the back, so we are checking if cisco ips is missing on a lot of stuff , and currently it is missing on SQL injection attacks and cross scripting, which seems to be the weak point in cisco ips, its missing a lot on sql injection signatures, i mean why a simple update/set command does not have a signature ?

3 Replies 3

mhellman
Level 7
Level 7

Cisco just recently added some "generic SQL injection" signatures. Are you on the latest signature release? 5930-0 thru 5930-6 are the new ones. There is no update/set one though AFAICT. 5474-0 and 5474-1 are the only other signatures I'm aware of.

Thank you for your reply, do you know how to get in contact with the ips signature engineers at Cisco , i would like to share my comparaison with them as well as an attack that is passing all sql injection signature containing update but with u%pdate and the sql database is interpreting it as a normal update.

Send us an email to ips-signature-team@cisco.com one of the signature developers will pick it up.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card