cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Upgrade 4.0(5) to 7.2

jsheppard
Level 1
Level 1

I am planning a Unity upgrade from 4.0(5) to 7.2. We are running Windows 2000 Server, SQL 2000 SP4, and Exchange 2000. I would like to upgrade all of these apps except SQL. I have the Unity, message store 2003, and server 2003 Media. Can someone tell me what the correct path would be. Upgrade OS, then, exchange, then Unity? What do I need to be aware of? Any help would be appreciated.

5 Replies 5

shabali52
Level 1
Level 1

The following path should help you understand the upgrade path for Exchange/Unity and OS on a Cisco Unity System.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/42/upgrade/guide/ex/ru_010.html

According to this document, I'm in a pickle. So, I have to forklifit upgrade this?

"Upgrading from Windows 2000 to Windows Server 2003 is not supported when any additional software has been installed on the server (for example, SQL Server 2000 or MSDE 2000, Exchange or Exchange administration software, or Cisco Unity). "

Is your message store a different box or you have everything on the same box?

The message store is on a different box.

Ok here is how you should upgrade it.

- Upgrade current Unity 4.x to 7.02 on Windows 2000 OS

- Upgrade Exchange 2k to 2k3

- Ensure functionality is good

- Take dirt backup from Unity 7.02

- Wipe off Unity OS and install OS 2003,

- Ensure Exchange 2003 sp2 System Admin tools

- Install Unity 7.02 fresh on the OS 2003 box

- Do Dirt restore of Unity

Let me know if any questions/concerns.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: