cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Route points

kolawole1
Level 1
Level 1

I created 8 cti ports with numbers 601 through 608.I then created 3 cti route points with numbers 600 700 and 800.These numbers are chosen arbitrarily.Is that a good numbering scheme?( i want to integrated unity express with CCM)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Kolawole,

From your previous example of DN's;

Voice Mail number - Choose (600,700 or 800) let's say 600

Voice mail operator - Choose one of your Admin personel DN's (xxx)

Auto attendant access number - Choose (700 or 800) let's say 700

Auto attendant operator extensions - Choose one of your Admin personel DN's (xxx)

This would mean that you still have 800 left for GMS Admin.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

another question only you can answer, if you're using 6, 7 or 8 as numbers for dialing ouside, then it's a poor choice. no one here knows your dial plan! it's not possible to answer this kind of questions and validate what you're doing with so little information

go thru the whole link to understand how to create dial plans

Dial Plan

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/4x/42dialpl.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Kolawole,

Just to add a note here to the good tips from my friend Java. I have been following along with your recent configs for this integration between CCM and CUE. If these are distinct DN's within your build and are not used for anything else (Overlap) then you should be "good to go"!

CallManager for Cisco Unity Express Configuration Example

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_configuration_example09186a0080289ef0.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks a lot.They are not used for anything else.In that case,in the initialisation wizard, which number should i assign to Voice Mail number,voice mail operator extension,Auto attendant access number and auto attendant operator extensions?

Are they the same dns as the ones assigned to the ROUTE POINTS for voice mail,auto attendant and gms ?

The doc you send me does not shows dns config

Thanks

Hi Kolawole,

From your previous example of DN's;

Voice Mail number - Choose (600,700 or 800) let's say 600

Voice mail operator - Choose one of your Admin personel DN's (xxx)

Auto attendant access number - Choose (700 or 800) let's say 700

Auto attendant operator extensions - Choose one of your Admin personel DN's (xxx)

This would mean that you still have 800 left for GMS Admin.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: