Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client and Local Resources

joey74055
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning,

I am having a problem with our Cisco VPN clients not connecting to local resources such as shared drives, printers our intranet and etc. I have found that if I right-click the VPN Adapter under Network Connections and select Repair that this fixes the issue. Any suggestions on what I might do to fix this where I no longer have to repair the VPN Adapter to properly access local resources?

3 Replies 3

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Is this behaviour happening to all of your VPN clients where you have to instruct them to do the repair or is it unique to just a few clients.

How is the RA server internet utilization, is there any other internet link issues where the RA server firewall is localed, any packet drops reported , just to rule out physical issues bandwith issue to sort of move up the latter to pin point the issue.

Also are all vpn clients using same vpn client version number, also what version of ASA code are you running.

Rgds

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

Yes, this is happening to all VPN clients.

There are no known issues that I am aware of. Everything else is running fine. VPN is only used outside of business hours and we only have 4 vpn users, all with the same version of the Cisco VPN client (4.0.2).

We are using a Cisco pix version 6.3(1).

I think this could be fragmentation issue also. Try to adjust TCP MSS value on PIX.

sysopt connection tcp-mss MSS_size_in_bytes

example : sysopt connection tcp-mss 1300

HTH

Saju

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: