Helpful
Replies

QoS on site-site vpns

ov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have the following challenge:

My Cisco ASA5505, has two working site-site vpn tunnels. Over these tunnels (remote sites are also ASA5505), i want to run both data and voice traffic. I want to apply QoS on these vpn's, so that my voice traffic wont be affected by to much data going through.

I have looked at some simple QoS samples, but i'm a bit stuck, since this involves multiple vpns, not only one.

Any help is appreciated

Best regards

O.V

7 Replies 7

satish_zanjurne
Level 4
Level 4

Hi OV,

Below mentioned link should be able to give you some insight..

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a008080dfa7.shtml

HTH..rate if helpful...

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

also this link contin details about bandwidth management in ASA:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_tech_note09186a008084de0c.shtml

Ok, i've looked at the links.

Is this a valid configuration? I dont have the ASA's here right now, so i cant test it:

class-map Voice

match dscp ef

match tunnel-group tunnel-grp1

match tunnel-group tunnel-grp2

policy-map Voicepolicy

class Voice

priority

service-policy Voicepolicy interface outside

Can i do a double tunnel-group match?

not practtical

becase this mean it should be the traffic from both tunnel-groups

while u need to match each one saparate

and make sure u have the voice marked correctly as EF in ur network

Ok, i need to match each tunnel-group separate, and apply the qos on the outside interface. How can i do this, when i can only apply one policy on the interface at a time?

You might be able to use the qos-group feature to mark each individual tunnel at the spokes, this way you could employ QOS at the hub based on these cos-groups.

Any chance of elaborating a bit on this?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card