We have ASA 5520 with failover running IOS ver 7.0 and would like to upgrade to 8.0
Plz can someone help with steps to upgrade the IOS on primary and failover.
The procedure needs to be repeated for the failover asa too.
1. copy tftp flash on primary ASA
2. shut down primary ASA (NOT reload)
3. Secondary is active now (Do a 'show failover' to confirm that)
4. copy tftp flash on secondary
5. shut down secondary (NOT reload)
6. boot up primary (and it will become active with new software)
7. Wait 3 to 5 mins->Do a 'show version' and 'show failover' on primary to confirm
8. boot up secondary (and it will become standby with new software)
Upgrade is complete.
Do rate helpful posts.