cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phones fail to register to secondary servers in CallManager Group

hauchinango
Level 3
Level 3

I am running CUCM ver 6.1.1. We had an incoming hurricane last Thursday. In preparation, we decided to shut down the

publisher server since the building where it resides is prone to power issues.

Our CUCM enviornment consists of a pub and two subs. All phones / device pools use the

same call manager group. In this call manager group, the servers are listed in this

order: Sub1, Sub2, Pub.

When we shut the pub down, registered phones continued to operate normally, but if a phone

or site lost connectivity, it would fail to register.

If we brought the pub back on line, the phone / site would register again.

I contacted TAC and as a work around, we removed the pub from the call manager

group, then reset all devices. This worked for the mean time, but I need to find out why

this did not work automatically, without having to take the pub out of the ccm group. Any ideas as to why this did not work as designed?

THanks,

7 Replies 7

DNS issues maybe?

I am using IP addresses not hostnames for the servers.

Do you have a backup TFTP server defined in your cluster? (Not that this is the root cause or anything, I'm just trying to get a feel for the setup.)

Thanks,

Steve

I have TFTP service running on the other pubs, and in my DHCP scope, I have those all three servers listed for option 150.

R

Sorry...meant to say have tftp service running on the subs.........

When you look at the network settings on one of your phones, What does it show in the Call Manager 1, Call Manager 2, Call Manager 3 boxes? Is it showing all the servers in your cluster?

Thanks,

Steve

Opened a TAC case. They had me set option 150 with the servers in the same order as they appear in the CM group.

They also had me change some settings in Enterprise Parameters related to the config files. All appears well, but I cannot imagine the order of the servers in the DHCP pool would matter.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: