cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6.1(2) Presence status on Global Directory

HI

im running 6.1(2) with LDAP integration

ipphone field in ad contains our international intercluster dialing digits

844XXXXX for a uk user 801XXXXX for US etc.

Global Directory xmldirectory.jsp has been modified to lookup ipphone field in ad directly to get all users across all our domains gets listed.

the problem is that i dont get presence status on the global directory for users on the local cluster because the number in the global directory doesnt match up to our dn's configured.

Global directory will show 84474701 as example, but DN on UDP is only 74701.

Is there a way to get this to work?

4 Replies 4

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

What CM version are you integrated with?

Are all the clients having the same issue, i.e. status display not showing up?

6.1(2) with Active directory ldap integration.

yes this is happening for all users.

the moment i change the ipphone field to match the dn configured on the DN then presence status works fine.

i want to know if there is a way that you can configure some kind of extension number mask so that it ignores the 844 on a number that appears as 84474701 in the global directory when negociating presence status.

I have tried Directory Lookup dial rules but this only seems to be applicable to Attendant Console.

How is everyone else using presence on the GAL with AD integration?

question, do you have the same 5 digit extensions in both clusters ? could you place the 5 digit numbers in AD and use translations to extend the number plan based on first digit ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: