Mutual port failover

Unanswered Question
Sep 17th, 2008
User Badges:

On a switch, I'm hoping to have the failure (link down) of one port cause another port (set by me) to be disabled, regardless of whether that second port is still working or not. Can someone tell me if this is possible, and what it is called?

There's so many different things you could call this, I'm having trouble finding it with Google.



  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
istockchris Fri, 09/19/2008 - 09:32
User Badges:

I'll answer my own question.

EtherChannel with Link-state tracking is what I needed.


This Discussion