cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DID's CME/SRST

wbarren
Level 1
Level 1

We have a new site that is running in CME fallback. The phones are connected to CUCM 5.1. The gateway is configured as h323. I have dial peers setup for a few inbound DID's and then call manager translated to the ext. On thing that I cannot figure out is how to have those numbers translaste during fall back. I have tried tranlations in the router, num-exp and adding the secondary number on the ephone-dn. Unfortuately when you do that the number goes right to the ephone-dn because the phone is not registered then right to VM. Is there a way to have these DID's setup so that in fall back they will still go to the correct ext?

5 Replies 5

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can use the "dialplan-pattern" and/or the "alias" commands under "call-manager-fallback", such as:

dialplan-pattern 1 1112224... extension-length 4 extension-pattern 4...

alias 1 1112223333 to 1234

The "dialplan-pattern" command in this example would translate incoming calls to 1112224000-4999 to the matching four digit extension. The alias command would translate 1112223333 to directory number 1234.

Hope this hels. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

If I wanted to go to a specific ext would this be correct

dialplan-pattern 1 1234567890 extension-length 4 extension-pattern 4321

It would be easier to use the "alias" command in that case:

alias 1 1234567890 to 4321

Hope this helps.

Brandon

I am running cme for fall back. I appears that alias is not an option

Yea, you're right. This is not an option under CME. You can use the "dialplan-pattern" command as you mentioned. Keep in mind that this works outbound as well as inbound. So, outgoing calls from 4321 will have a caller ID of 1234567890. This may have a bearing on voicemail functionality during fallback.

Brandon