cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DID's CME/SRST

wbarren
Level 1
Level 1

We have a new site that is running in CME fallback. The phones are connected to CUCM 5.1. The gateway is configured as h323. I have dial peers setup for a few inbound DID's and then call manager translated to the ext. On thing that I cannot figure out is how to have those numbers translaste during fall back. I have tried tranlations in the router, num-exp and adding the secondary number on the ephone-dn. Unfortuately when you do that the number goes right to the ephone-dn because the phone is not registered then right to VM. Is there a way to have these DID's setup so that in fall back they will still go to the correct ext?

5 Replies 5

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can use the "dialplan-pattern" and/or the "alias" commands under "call-manager-fallback", such as:

dialplan-pattern 1 1112224... extension-length 4 extension-pattern 4...

alias 1 1112223333 to 1234

The "dialplan-pattern" command in this example would translate incoming calls to 1112224000-4999 to the matching four digit extension. The alias command would translate 1112223333 to directory number 1234.

Hope this hels. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

If I wanted to go to a specific ext would this be correct

dialplan-pattern 1 1234567890 extension-length 4 extension-pattern 4321

It would be easier to use the "alias" command in that case:

alias 1 1234567890 to 4321

Hope this helps.

Brandon

I am running cme for fall back. I appears that alias is not an option

Yea, you're right. This is not an option under CME. You can use the "dialplan-pattern" command as you mentioned. Keep in mind that this works outbound as well as inbound. So, outgoing calls from 4321 will have a caller ID of 1234567890. This may have a bearing on voicemail functionality during fallback.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: